Monday 2 April 2012

the more days that I live, the more often I find myself in situations and conversations where words fail.
words lead me at times to a place of "fix-it".  people (myself included) need/desire more of a presence than a would-be "solution" so often.
what a difficulty to allow for space for the Spirit to do His work.
wow.  so difficult.

one of the places where I constantly feel "met" is in a loss of words.  as I love to sort out, analyse, and explain, when my head and heart cease to find a description, narrative, or conclusion, I move toward silent support.  I think the Lord may be most pleased when I choose this path...
to simply love through presence and fewer words like "I know." or "I am here for you."

I feel like when I get to the end of my understanding, I am more prone to simplify.
I am more apt to move toward acting on the what I DO know in the midst of all else I do not...
love is always a good choice.
so, the Lord leads me to a place of asking not for understanding of the situation so much as for a tangible way to express love to those involved.
funny how asking this second question frees my mind and heart, leading me nearer to peace...
"love never fails..."  (one corinthians 13.8).

kb.

No comments:

Post a Comment