Tuesday 10 April 2012

what I love about this photo? 
mugs which can hold coffee or tea. 
stacks of books that have or have not been read, as I have many a stack such as this around my abode.  these particular mugs have been doodled upon with a porcelain pen that I am now in a quest for purchasing. 
I have little artistic ability in the way of drawing.  my brother is naturally gifted in this area and well...in many others. as I like to create with words, I have often desired to add some visuals alongside.
I can doodle, though.
also I have a bit of a mug addiction.  (I think I get it from my mom.)
some days when I need something new and am trying not to spend dosh, I pop down to our local thrift store and buy a "new" mug for 50 cents.  delight. 
so, this kind of art above makes me happy as it personalizes these coffee containers and is abstract.
I got a postcard in the mail from my friend, abby, this morning when I arrived at work. 
her words... "I miss fighting with you over the best coffee mug." 
just made me happy and led me to this simple post. 
simple is good.  life is complicated.  small joys are key. 
drink a hot cup of coffee in a fun mug today.  it just might increase the size of your smile. 
I am toasting you from colorado, I assure you.
cheers,
kb.

2 comments:

  1. You made me want to have a cup of coffee...so I think I will, on the screened in porch with mom at the lake! Perfection! E

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, e! say hi to your sweet mom for me. :)

    ReplyDelete