Saturday 7 September 2013

rich.





















today, my word of interest is
rich.
mr. webster and I "converse" about which meaning I lean toward in my pondering...
I choose the following two: 
a. vivid and deep in colour
or  
2. meaningful or significant.

this chest of drawers in its rich brown colour feels cozy to me. (I also imagine it could have had many owners and might have lovely stories of locations and family history.)
autumn brings with it richer hues of clothing, leaves, and coffee.
I find darker tones of colour to be almost a proverbial hug to my spirit.  I steer fairly clear of pastels for the most part, as aesthetics and my surroundings are so impressionable upon me.  I suppose I try to create a warm atmosphere regardless of season.  
 
as an october baby, I logically hold a deep fondness for this time of year.
since we all seem to drink more hot beverages and begin to add layers to our wardrobes, people begin the process of having to slow down.
during the summer months, we drink iced coffee through a straw while on-the-go with little thought.  that autumnal steaming hot latte demands a slower sipping experience.  and when we decrease the pace, many times we desire someone to sit across from us to chat with to pass the time and increase the warmth.
with a deep breath and each measured drink, connection occurs...meaningful moments which hopefully lead to both parties feeling more significant and loved.

I recognize that in many parts of the country, the autumn has not quite made its appearance, and even here in new england with the past couple days turning cooler, we have not gone so far as to remove the A/C units from the windows.
I suppose I am just looking forward with smiling eyes of anticipation toward a season lending itself to more opportunities for richness, whether intentional or accidental.

happy september, friends.
(though I need none, I am fighting the urge to buy school supplies.)

cheers,
kb.


No comments:

Post a Comment