Tuesday 26 February 2008

Hiya. It has come to my attention that my last couple posts about flats may be a bit confusing. Thought I'd take a moment to clarify.
When I left for the States in January with Mom and Pop, I had moved out of my flat in Camdentown...the one with the blue door marked 9 in a past post. When I returned in late January, I stayed a few weeks with my friends, the Hendersons, a.k.a. Micaela's family. As of a couple weeks ago, I moved in with my friend, Claire, and her family. I plan to stay there until I get a flat or through the end of March, whichever comes first. Last week sometime, I thought I found a flat to move into permanently and put a bit of money down for a holding deposit. After a few days of considering, gathering advice, and praying, I felt a bit ill at ease about taking said flat. I wrote the "I found a flat" post the day of putting down that money. At the time I was beyond excited about the location of this flat (in the neighbourhood of my school) and the prospect of being able to settle into a new nest. Like I said, I just began to feel uneasy and hesitant about making that move for several reasons. So, I passed on that flat, and I will continue to look while I very much enjoy my time over the next handful of weeks at Claire's.
I know many of you are anxious to see pictures as I have not posted any in quite awhile. I am closer and closer to remedying my lack of computer problem, so please be patient with me. All my pictures are trapped on my old computer which has opted out of connecting to the internet indefinitely.
Despite the absence of image, I will tell you we had our second Wyldlife event this past Saturday night. We went to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets and then to Nando's, one of our favourite Portuguese restaurants, for dinner. We had a smaller crowd this time around which enabled us to truly get to know the kids a bit more. Jess (my volunteer leader) and I greatly enjoyed sitting over dinner and chatting with this handful of kids.
Young Life (F.W.E.L.) continues to take shape on Thursdays. We have recently started discussing "Blender Questions". Everyone writes a question about life on a notecard anonomously and places it in the blender. I pull these out and choose which question we will discuss each week. It is quite interesting to see different perspectives and to hear insight from several of my friends. I look forward to digging in even deeper as the weeks progress.
Pause...
Thank you friends for continuing to love on me and support me as I step. through life in London. I assure you your prayers are felt and appreciated beyond words. I am overwhelmed to be living here. I am overwhelmed by your friendship. I am blessed. God is good.

kb

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to Nandos...I think about that place all the time!

    ReplyDelete