Friday 2 February 2007



Is it just me or do the seats on the tube look like they belong in a Dodge Neon? I don't recall why or when, but at some point we had to rent a car years and days ago when I was a teenager. It was a Neon. I remember thinking then how strange it was to put such colorful seats in a car as upholstery. But, then again it is called a Neon. So, I suppose it is appropriate. Perhaps the engineers decided that since most journeys via the underground can be somewhat crowded, too warm, and prone to delay that the passengers needed a bit of brightness upon which to rest themselves during their commute. I had to sneak this photo, by the way, so people didn't think me mad (a.k.a. crazy).

I suppose I should be taking pictures outside today what with the weather being rather mild and the sun shining beautifully. The blustery winds have calmed, and the sun has emerged much to my delight. I am sitting in my flat listening to some Lionel Richie and trying to be inspired to formulate a talk and a Bible study I am presenting at the end of this month. I am looking forward to creating said assignments, to be honest. It has been awhile, and I have missed writing/presenting. Who would have thought I would miss speaking in front of people? Not me, I assure you. Not a few years ago. It is truly amazing how the Lord works.

I have been a fair bit nesty this past week. I know you are thinking, "Is 'nesty' a British-speak word?". Could be. It is Kym-speak, that is for sure. I have been working a bit more on my flat, making it warm and welcoming. I spend a good bit of time in this space, so I feel an extra need to make it "homely". : )

I had coffee yesterday with one of my new high school friends. She is going with us on the Service Project to Bulgaria in April! She is super sweet, and I so look forward to getting to know her. I also got set up to kid-sit (all teenagers, so not "babysitting") a couple times in the next month for another family! It looks like as of right now, all is going to go smooth with my helping coach the varsity girls softball team, as well. My thankfulness abounds as the Lord works on His own timetable and teaches me to TRUST. Isn't that what it is all about, anyway? I believe it is, don't you, Pop? Everyday I believe and embrace that truth more. TRUST, full stop. (In England, instead of saying "period" for emphasis at the end of a sentence, they say "full stop".)

Hope your are all well this week!

Word/phrase of the week: "mac" , raincoat. Go listen to "Penny Lane" by The Beatles. I learned this one while comparing words with Zsa one day. "And the banker never wears a mac in the pouring rain...very strange." Zsa and I were talking about definitions of words, and this one came up. The next time I heard "Penny Lane", I almost yelled out loud, "Hey! I get it!". I refrained, but I grinned big with new found understanding.

"Would you mind waiting until next week for another word or phrase?" A bonus...every little thing here is completely polite. In church, instead of saying, "Be seated." or "You may be seated.", they say, "Would you mind taking a seat?". I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:20 pm

    That looks like the uphostery on every charter bus I have been on...

    -Keith

    ReplyDelete