Monday 19 February 2007


Tis a cloudy day in Londontown today. I would be lying if I said it didn't cause me to be a bit more tired when the sky appears gray. However, I am rejoicing that the 100 days of darkness are over! My colleague Michael in Hertford (an area 30 min north) has affectionately termed the beginning of daylight savings time until about a week ago as the "hundred days of darkness". It applies. This phrase may not have originated with him, but for me it did. So, I will give him the credit. The days have begun to get a bit longer. The other day during a meeting with these girls to the right, I could see blue skies at 5:30! Woo hoo! We are on the upswing and the light only increases from here on out!
So, yes, these are the girls I have been telling you about since I got here. From left to right: Alix, Mallory, Angelica, Lauren, and me. Alix and Mallory are YL leaders on my team. Lauren is from Colorado and has been here working. She was my first pal here. I am so thankful for the family of Young Life. Lauren (and all the others, too, actually, with the exception of Angelica) sent an email to the general inquiry section of YL in London, and we got connected. ("Technology! Name me one thing that we have gained from technology?" "Email and the internet", I add to Meg's reply of "Electricity!". Can you name that movie?)
We actually took this picture last week as it was our last time to meet with Lauren. She is off to see Switzerland, Italy, and then home to start grad school in Colorado. A bittersweet goodbye...sad to see her go and thrilled for her new adventure back home.
Angelica just moved from Arkansas to Londontown to live with her dad and do some studies here. I am so excited that she is here to hang out with us! She has blended right into our group, and she brings such life and stories to our times together. Her dad works at Abbey Road Studios, and she gets to work there in the afternoons. She is living the true London life...going to shows, meeting celebs by just bumping into them... : ) Very fun.
I thought it would be fun for you all to have faces to go with names, so there they are...my sweet college girls that highlight my week by coming to my flat to eat, pray, and laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment