Monday 18 February 2013

I completely swiped this photo from my friend, brendan's fb page the other day after the blizzard.  all things coated in a deep layer of snow seems to have become our "normal" in days current.  I like it.  it feels like winter.
it is february, after all.  feels like snow is meant to be all around.
and, so it is.

steps have been taken in my quest to attain my advanced degree in the last week, so I feel accomplished in a way.
friends.  I have them here now.
work continues to be steady with hours (*a.k.a. dosh, $, cash, bob) at times, and then, said provision utterly plummets into a nose dive threatening certain catastrophe.  each time this cycle begins, my anxiousness rises.
have I lived in this reality of financial ups and downs before?
HA!
more times than not, in my adult life, I have prayed for the next paycheck to arrive to sustain life as I know it.  but, I will say, that just because one has experienced something, does NOT make this battle being fought again bruise-free.

refine.  (remove impurities or unwanted elements; improve by making small changes.)
re= again.
fine= of high quality.

yes, I see.
the next image I conjure up is one of "refiner's fire".
sometimes, it hurts.

kb.


1 comment:

  1. you are so right, sometimes it hurts my friend...those bruises make us who we are and make our story unique and yours is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete