Monday 7 May 2012


so, strangely enough, this is similar to the scene out my window today.
it snowed literally all day long.  as it is may, the snow was quite wet and has not stuck to the roads to make it treacherous, thankfully.
I suppose when you live at close to 9,000 ft, precipitation is more likely to be in the form of snow rather than rain. just completely bizarre and a bit annoying, if I am honest, though I know we need the moisture for the river this summer.
today and tomorrow are my weekend, as I hosted a group over the proper weekend, so I was given the luxury of sitting with just such a mug sipping coffee and watching movies.  an unexpected gift in the month of may.
mid-morning, I almost leapt out of my chair when I saw movement just in front of my window.  it was a deer.  I could have opened the window and petted it from my sofa.  oh, the wild west.

I am attempting to savour the last few days of quiet before summer officially begins.
do not get me wrong.  I could not be more excited for the beginning of the next season.
absolutely jonesing for it, in fact.
however, if life is always lived in the future, I just might miss out on what purpose might be meant for today.

I wonder what the summer will bring by way of lessons, laughter, and luster.
I can feel the energy surfacing... that spark that becomes so apparent within me when people arrive.
and I am sat thankful, as I anticipate where the Lord will show his love in big and small encounters.
in the words of my brilliant boss...  "it is so good.  so so good!"



cheers, 
kb.

1 comment:

  1. Our Sam is headed your way. I am sad. He is done with school. A big adult. I know he if full of emotion...excitement, sadness, expectation, reminiscing, wonder! I am excited for him to be with you and his friends, horses and Colorado...but I miss him already!
    I'm praying for y'alls summer. That it is richly blessed and full! Wish I could come hang with you! Bless you kym. Hug Sam for me!

    ReplyDelete