Tuesday 3 June 2008





So, Sunday, I turned over a new leaf in London. I drove. Yes, on the left hand side of the road. I have driven once a day for the past three days. Strange. Shaky. Strange. Now, I must confess that these journeys have been a mile at best down a very straight stretch with only one roundabout. But, I mean, seriously, crazy to be on the other side of the road and in control of a motor vehicle. I only ran up on two curbs and it was only for a brief moment each time. My depth perception issue that I have is not sure how to maneuver with everything flip-flopped. It is an entirely new way to look at things. I feel less like a 15 year-old while I am in the countryside these days. Now, I am not going to necessarily make a habit of driving around Kerry's Bluegeot (Peugeot that is blue), but it is nice to know that if I need to transport myself, I am capable. The necessity these past few days has been to take care of Brooke and Tate's lovable golden retriever, Pacey, while B, T, Asher, and Kerry are away in Paris. And, yes, Pacey is called Pacey because of Dawson's Creek. Yet another reason why I knew I should move here and work with these people when I came to visit 2 years ago to check things out. 1.) Brooke and Tate spoke about the characters on Friends as if they were a part of their lives, intermingling quotes in normal conversations. Ex: Tate: "I mean, I don't know why we are even talking about this. It's a moo point." Me: "It's like a cow's opinion". Brooke: "It doesn't matter". Truly, at that moment, I knew. I knew this could work.
2.) Dog named after Pacey, the far superior character to Dawson who gets the most cred due to the creek being possessed by him in the title. Whatever.
You guys miss me, don't you? Be honest. My random stories...I know. Well, I'll be home in a matter of days. Get excited! : )
Cheers,
kb
word/phrase of the week: "sussed it out"...meaning someone has assessed something. "Yeah, I sussed out the people at the party and figured out it was not my crowd."

No comments:

Post a Comment