Monday 7 April 2008





Will wonders never cease?! It snowed yesterday! The morning reminded me of being home in Arkansas in the winter. I was awoken by a text from Courtney that simply said "SNOW, HUGE SNOW!" I immediately parted the blinds above my bed to see kids throwing snow at one another dressed in so many layers they might have walked right off the set of "A Christmas Story". They looked at me rather peculiarly as I looked out, making be believe my squinting, big-haired self must look rather strange peering between the shades. I jumped out of bed, grabbed my camera, and gleefully snapped photos of the white blanket that covered the ground. Beautiful. As the morning unfolded, the temperature warmed, and the snow melted fairly quickly. But all day long as we went about the day's adventures, the remnants of the sheet of white loveliness that had covered the green were scattered around...a dusted rooftop, a leaning snowman, branches sprinkled in white. The aftermath of the cold front is that I now must confront the chilly winds in a matter of an hour or so as we head to the field for a bit of softball practice. Not so excited about that shivering that is to come, but I love snow, especially when it is so sparse here. It makes me feel like a little kid, and I am ALWAYS in favour of this feeling. : ) May we never lose our "kiddo" inside us.
We had quite a gang at FWEL this past week, and we had a blast playing one of my fave games, Samurai. If you have never played it, ask me next time you see me. I'll teach you. I laugh so hard listening to people scream their own versions of "YAAAH!"
Cheers, friends! Miss you mucho!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment