Saturday 12 April 2008

I have the flu. Yes. Never have I ever had the flu, but it is official. Actually, I should change that wording. The flu has got me. When I came home from practice on Tuesday evening, the fever kicked in. For the next two days, I was buried in the duvet watching telly, sleeping, coughing, and sleeping some more. As Friday arrived, I felt well enough to exit the flat. Today I even ventured back into the city to check in with some families I will be babysitting for next week. (I have moved out to Surrey with my colleague, Kerry, for the rest of the school year, the next 6 weeks.) The train ride back to Surrey put me to sleep straight away. Clearly, my body is not healed, though I am feeling a bit better and the fever seems to be gone. I do not know of flu and cold season is hitting where you are, but take it from me... do all you can to keep it from "getting you". Drink your OJ. Flee from those who have even the slightest cough or sniffle. Get plenty of sleep. I hope you are stay well this spring season of crazy weather and potential infection! : )
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment