Tuesday 2 October 2007



Look closely. Can you see the image on the green shirt Brooke is wearing? Gwen Stefani, that is correct. Liz, Brooke, Kerry, and I had a bit of a girls' staff night "winding it up" to a little Gwen. She put on a great show and even ran out into the crowd very near where we were sitting. It was a blast!

My sincerest apologies about the lack of update lately. I have moved into my new abode, and with a move comes many a challenge of setting up life, as you know. Well, in England, things tend to be a bit slower than that to which I have become accustomed to in the States. So, I am told I will have regular, predictable internet access as of next Wednesday, the 10th of October. Keep your fingers crossed, people! : )

My move went super smooth due to a gang of friends who showed up with vehicles and willing arms to carry and many boxes and bags. I truly think it took us something like 45 min to load it all and move it. Lizzie and her mom, Micaela and her mom, Claire, my friend Courtney, and myself moved it all a few weekends ago. I wish I had had a camera ready to have taken a picture of Claire and Micaela carrying the mattress for my futon across the street to Micaela's mom's van. They looked hilarious and dropped it several times. Claire even fell down at one point and stayed there laughing her head off for a few minutes. It was, in a word, awesome. : )

I am continuuing to settle in. It is proving to take a bit more time than I had anticipated. I have moved to another community in London with different shops, restaurants, grocery stores, Starbucks... It is taking a bit of time to get my bearings. I don't know why I always fail to remember that it takes some time to re-nest (Is that a word?) myself, but I do forget. Once my internet/tv/phone is all sorted, I will feel like all the puzzle pieces are in place.

Young Life begins this week with my kids at ASL! A group of us are meeting on Thursday of this week for lunch at Lizzie's house. I am truly excited to start a regular meeting. Thursdays from here on out I plan getting together. We shall see what this time shapes up to look like from week to week. Right now, I know there will be food, kids, me, and good times. This information is enough for now.

I have about 10 more minutes of internet time before I must go elsewhere today, so I will just give you one other snippet...

I am writing a book. Have I mentioned this fact? I know some of you know that I have toyed with the idea and that said book has been on the "Big Life Goal List". But, I have really begun to work on it a bit more as of late. I am enjoying piecing it together, and I thought I would let you know. Hopefully, I can begin to have some discipline about compiling my thoughts. It does seem that I am an intrinsicly drawn to write, so I am able to be more frequent in doing so. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Cheers! More soon... kb

Word/phrase of the week: "Well done!" Have I done this one? I have heard myself saying if far more lately than before. Instead of saying "Way to go!" or "Good job!", I would the Brits say, "Well done!". As far as the words/phrases of the week go, this one may be lame. It is, however, a new phrase in my vocabulary that has become a staple.

1 comment: