Friday 26 October 2007



My new house in Camdentown. Ok, well more like the path to and the front door of my house in Camdentown. I have been here for right about a month now. I am still in the process of getting settled in. I will say that when you come see me, you will notice quite a difference between the nearest high street to me, Camden High Street, as opposed to St John's Wood High Street where I lived for the past year. Camden is quite a colourful place with people of...well...let me just say every walk of life. : )

Transition...passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another. To adjust...to adapt or conform oneself (as to new conditions); to achieve mental and behavioral balance between one's own needs and the demands of others.
Webster helps me explain a couple key words that keep reoccurring in my dialogues lately. This move to this new neighbourhood has not been exactly as I anticipated. I see no need to go on and on about all the details of my move here in this platform. I mention the transition and adjustment simply to give you a touch of insight, perhaps, into my world for the past month. Most of you have probably moved a few times in your life and can remember all the new rhythms that must be learned.
One of the bits in the transition to Camdentown has brought with it many an issue with technology. Our internet has been in, out, this way and that... We got it up and working, and I thought my world had finally been put back on track and revolutionized. I had around a week of dependable world wide web dependability, and then three days ago, my computer just decided it didn't want to detect our signal in our house. What on Earth? So, my flatmate is patiently allowing me to use hers when she is not in need of it.
I have some great pictures to post of my YL lunch group from this past week where they made me a cake and creatively adorned it with candles that added up to my appropriate age. : ) I also have a couple pics of my new flatmates and my friend, Becky, who came to visit Londi all last week, and was here to celebrate our birthdays together (we have the same bday). Hopefully, I can get those posted soon. I am spending the weekend at home, laying low, and trying to recoop from, well, life, from the last month or so. I will have more ministry updates tomorrow, hopefully.
Thanks for reading, friends, and for being so faithful in prayer and support!
Soon,
kb


1 comment:

  1. I love Camdentown!!! I can't believe you actually live there...I visited there last in high school and told myself that I was going to go to college and then go live there when I grew up. Too funny!

    So good to hear back from you!

    ReplyDelete