Wednesday 21 March 2007


Cobblestones. Have I mentioned to you all my newfound affection for cobblestones? You can find them everywhere I have been thus far in Europe and the UK. I love them. I take pictures of them in each new place I venture. I believe these are near Trafalgar Square, though I cannot be sure.
You must be careful walking on these uneven surfaces. Heels are a nightmare, as I have learned by trial and error. Most of the time you must walk slowly and watch every step you take to avoid an ankle twist. My mind reels as I think of various analogies and stories to correlate to this visual...hmmm... Today, my thought? I am thankful that I can step. I am thankful that I am not asked to run, but step. I would love to be a runner, but I am not. I need time to think, to exercise caution, and to understand my surroundings. Sometimes, my head gets ahead of my feet due to internal pressure, the world around me, or various other factors. The beauty in the whole of it? Life is not a sprint.
With loads of time lately with my move, to be introspective, I am realizing much about myself. I thought I was fairly self-aware before...nope. I mentioned last post that I miss my friends who know me. Yep, tis true. I have learned a lot of important life lessons from you people. Now, I have started a new chapter of learning, one filled with more solitude. Not better, not worse...different. I feel my thoughts are rolling about in my head, so forgive if I make little sense.
One of the pices of advice I like to pass along to those I encounter is to keep a journal of your life. You will never regret it. I am convinced of this fact. Having words, phrases, paragraphs written down helps give perspective, deeper meaning, and prompts memories...priceless. My brow furrows as I think of how little I have chronicled since my moving across the Atlantic. So much swirling about in my head and heart, that I find it difficult to pen musings which, to be honest, is unlike any other time in my life. Thanks for caring enough to check in on my ramblings from time to time on this outlet for outpouring. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment