Thursday 5 April 2007


Sofia, Bulgaria...the capital of the country where will be working with kids in orphanages for the next week. I leave in a matter of hours. This trip will be my first proper work project trip, and I am excited to see what lies ahead. I am not a huge fan of the unknown, in general; however, through many experiences both here in England and stateside, I know that oftentimes the unknown many times holds the greatests lessons, perspective, and depth within its ill-lit existence. I will have pictures and stories to post upon my return to be certain.
On a much lighter, more superificial note, I got to spend an evening with my pal, Angelica, who runs in a crowd that brushes elbows often with all those famous and those who lurk outside restaurants and clubs with cameras, this week. She is a delight! Stories of our evening together are yet to be told as I could not do them justice at the moment. I need to take a bit of a rest before I am picked up to go to the airport in a couple of hours. I will tell you that I got an inside peek at Abbey Road Studios, which was uber cool. From what I understand, this kind of tour is not exactly an easy thing to swing.
Until I return next week, I will leave you with what I know to be a much anticipated word/phrase of the week... "gutted". As in..."My dad was completely gutted that he wasn't able to make it this evening for tea." or "We were gutted that we were unable to make the journey due to a prior commitment." An rather intense way of saying "heartbroken" or extremely upset.
Thanks in advance for all of your prayers and interest in our journey across Europe to Bulgaria. I so look forward to updating you when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment