Saturday 8 July 2006


The last move ...the last one that is until I move to Jolly Ole, as I have taken to calling England lately. My residence lies in Little Rock with my fam. currently.
Over the past month, the wave of the World Cup has washed over me, as I have been heartily rooting on "stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp stomp-stomp-stomp-stomp, ENGLAND!" in their attempt to win it all. Unfortunately, they have not made it as far as we all had hoped. I can see myself getting very involved in football, as they call it. Thinking about becoming an avid soccer watcher, where most of the time the only applicable cheer seems to be "KICK IT!", I have had my doubts about how much I would join the rest of the world in loving this game. However, the energy and excitement of this grand tournament has awakened a genuine interest and enjoyment that I am quite excited about, knowing I will not have to feign interest or learn statistics and players' names just to not sound ridiculous in conversation once living in the U.K. Much to my dismay (and the entire country) England lost to Portugal in penalties. Heartwrenching, it was. Well, we will just have to win it next year when I live there. Yes.

Also, I have come upon the conclusion that one of my new looking-forward-to's (Yes, I just made that up...if I had my own vocabulary dictionary, that one would be in it, my pal, Aaron.) about moving to England is simply the vast amount of knowledge to be learned. What a gift to move to a new culture and immerse oneself in new smells, sounds, tastes, conversation, music... you name it. Some might differ in opinion, but knowledge-gathering is one of the reasons why I have come to enjoy watching Craig Ferguson on The Late Late Show. He completely cracks me up,(I mean, please, what isn't funnier in a Scottish accent. Let's just be honest.) and he teaches me all sorts of facts about Britain. Trust me. It might be worth staying up a bit later just to watch his monologue one night. He can get a tad racy at times, but overall he is just plain funny.

My goal for changing my address to Londontown is AUGUST! If you think of it, please pray that this timeframe becomes a reality. I believe it to be possible, as I have reached 60% in my fundraising.

My friend and fellow lover of England (and King Kong), Joel, tuned me into a church in London that is truly blessing my soul. Podcasts are delightful, I must say.
A great word from this past week's message was simply stated (quoted from the movie, Junebug):
"God loves us just as we are. But he loves us enough to not let us stay that way."

How poignant a statement! God is big. God is intimate. God has perfect timing.
Recently, I have had an interesting experience with the Lord's timing. I don't know about you, but most often I want difficult, awkward, uncomfortable things to go away quickly. The Lord often desires to teach me through what seems to me to be quite a lengthy process. Well, this past month the Lord has decided to work a bit quicker than previous experience would have predicted. He knows exactly how to love on me, what length of process in healing/reflection is necessary, and how to remind me what is His job and what is mine. What a wonderful God! He desires so much for us to give every inch of ourselves to him...every part of our heart, plan, hope, love...our life. He is showing me that He is faithful to fulfill what He has promised. I pray that tomorrow I will have the resolve and desire to give him more than I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment