Sunday 30 July 2006

1 Corinthians 12...
4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. 7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.
12The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.
14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.

The promise from my last post was that I would address my realisation of my need for people in my world. I would like to gladly fulfill my word.
Throughout my life post-college, I have repeatedly come face-to-face with my need to allow friends to help me live a healthy existence. Yes, this lesson is undoubtedly learned by everyone one way or another, sometimes with ease, sometimes with resistance.
I must say that many times I resist this need to involve others. I have a tendency to think through issues/problems, decide on a plan for resolution, and take that action step. I know this behaviour can exclude people from my life, keep relationships at surface level, increase my stress level, and hinder health.
One large lesson from this process of the Lord readying me to move to London for which I am thankful? I must have friends surrounding me, praying for me, helping me, in order for the Lord's ministry, His call on my life, to be healthy, balanced, rooted in truth, and effective. The Lord knows us with such intimacy. I am convinced that He knows the need for practical example in my life to help me see his lessons. The stories he plays out in my life help me remember what I can/should do, and what I cannot/should not do. I am beyond thankful for this continued lesson!
Friends, I am very close to being able to make this move across that pond to Londontown. The Lord honors his promises, hears your prayers, and leads at just the right pace.
So, thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you again for being my friends, my teammates, my prayer warriors, my brothers and sisters. I am convinced of my need for each and every one of you in order to effectively do the Lord's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment