Monday 24 October 2005

Back in Fayetteville after two weeks of travel...nice. I spent a 4 days in New York City last week upon my arrival back to the States. I was glad I had that time to be home in the U.S. but not actually "home" and back to the real world. Stacy is a fabulous host, and I love walking the city with her, as well as getting a glimpse into the world of FIT (The Fashion Institute of Technology) where she is in school. I got to spend a couple days in Little Rock with the fam which was refreshing and fun. My niece, Ella, is preciousness personified, and I got a few birthday treats while I was home, as well.
So, back to teaching kiddos how to throw and catch, among other skills, while I continue on my quest to raise money to move "across the pond". I feel like ASL is ready for YL to be there. The parents I spoke to are excited and welcoming. The kids we hung out with are eager. It seems to be an open door into ministry there. I feel as though the Lord is preparing the way. I am excited, scared, and excited...pretty much how I have felt this whole time I have been moving in the direction of YL international staff.
Tate asked me before I left how I was feeling...
My reponse..."I still see no red flags waving. The fears/anxiousness I have are normal new circumstance, fear of the unknown feelings, not uneasiness about calling. So, I feel like I am coming...I want to be here."
He was thrilled to hear that response. I realised several times while I was there that I was a bit quiet. I am most definitely an internal processor, and I am certain at times it was hard for both B&T to read my face or actions. I was overwhelmed and trying to take in all of my surroundings. I have a tendency to be withdrawn in new settings. I need to understand norms and dynamic to know how to interact. It was really fun to hear that they are excited about me!
So, the next step? (Someone asked me this quesition today.) Pray for the Lord's provision. I would like to be there by February, ideally. I have a long way to go to reach my financial goal/requirement, but God is big and always faithful.
I am sure I will think of more stories and have more thoughts on a regular basis. Thanks for your interest and prayers! : )
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment