Tuesday 15 April 2014

a year ago today...

boston
was
changed.

it was attacked and shaken.
however, not forever broken.
people, communities of new england, fight and persevere.
they rally and root one another on.

I was meant to have been there only feet away from a tragic event that tainted such a normally glorious day of celebration.
instead, I stayed home to nurse a headache.

I wish I were in my boston home today to commemorate, remember, and honour, in person.
I am not, and yet,
I will
never
forget.


I love boston.  I will always miss it.
it is full of lovely, loyal friends who love people well and live life with authenticity.
it will ever be part of my definition of home.

I am thankful for my family of friends in the commonwealth,
and although I think of you often,
especially today,
I remember alongside you.

kb.

{photo: @mindykaling}

No comments:

Post a Comment