Thursday 9 January 2014

unknowns.

questions.
more questions than answers at the minute.

tangibles to reveal the sense of humour and the intentionality of the Lord are ever present, though.
do you have those "little things" that just make you smirk and struggle to suppress a smile?
maybe not everyone needs these divine run-ins, but I assure you, I certainly do.

as I write this post, I am sat in a starbucks in dallas, tx at a communal table side-by-side with others on their respective computers working on the to-do lists which call their attention.
an irishman sits to my left.
the corners of my mouth struggle to stay even as I hear him chatting on the phone.  he has just finished a meeting with his assistant with whom he interacted quite cheekily.
as I overheard what he said to her and noticed how he leaned in across the table to chat, I wondered if they were perhaps a couple.
then, I heard his accent.
and, it all made sense.  oh, the cheeky irish.
and, it is decided...
barring this bloke deciding to sit here for the whole of the afternoon, I will sit and find things to do to simply be in the space where my ears allow me to soak in some of my uk home.
lovely.

ok, onward to the update, as requested...

as I mentioned, dallas is the locale I am within at the minute.  a dear friend asked me to spend the first couple weeks here helping her sort out her world as she is working to launch her latest dream... a business that is not quite ready for details to be revealed here, but I will tell you it is to do with community, food, and intentionality of experience.
I am honoured to help play a part in this roll out even in a small way.  when it is time to set it all in motion, I will be sure to help spread the word here,
so stay tuned...

this ask from a friend to spend a bit of time in dallas, I feel, is on purpose.
the last several posts have had me mentioning the reality of my 'unknown' column being miles lengthier than my 'known' column of my life list.
not too terribly much has changed.

my network of people here is bigger than I had realized.  many friends from university days, and even my life spent abroad, happen to be located here.
my favourite aunt and uncle live here, and I love getting to spend more time with them.
a couple of job prospects are in the works, as of today, about which I expect to hear back the end of this week or the beginning of next.

so, I am hopeful.
a bit in the dark.
a bit sad, as I miss boston and my friends there.
and also peaceful, mostly down to the very real facts that I feel I am doing all I know to do at the minute to improve/advance my situation.

hope the january cold that is encompassing most of us finds you drinking warm beverages and wearing layers of your favourite wintry clothing.
cheers,
kb.

{photo via: http://sunshineandpearls.tumblr.com/post/36794080352}



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:26 pm

    Thanks for sharing Kymmy! Love your heart and way with words. I most definitely need those "little" things in life to let you know God cares and He sees you. Praying for Gods direction and excited to see where that takes you! Love you, Jabes

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you thank you thank you for the update :)
    I so respect your willingness to be uncertain and your ability to wait and see. it seems that it's in those "in between" times that the most can be revealed. i miss you my sweet friend and i hope our paths can cross again soon!

    ReplyDelete