Thursday 16 January 2014

hope...

Living with Hope

Optimism and hope are radically different attitudes. Optimism is the expectation that things-the weather, human relationships, the economy, the political situation, and so on-will get better. Hope is the trust that God will fulfill God's promises to us in a way that leads us to true freedom. The optimist speaks about concrete changes in the future. The person of hope lives in the moment with the knowledge and trust that all of life is in good hands.

All the great spiritual leaders in history were people of hope. Abraham, Moses, Ruth, Mary, Jesus, Rumi, Gandhi, and Dorothy Day all lived with a promise in their hearts that guided them toward the future without the need to know exactly what it would look like. Let's live with hope.

- Henri J. M. Nouwen  



during the last few days, hope has risen to the surface.

the possibilities of employment have become a bit more tangible.
some bills waiting to be paid have been sorted out for a bit longer which helps the stress level on my shoulders.
a friend from boston treated me to coffee and a chat this morning which helped to provide perspective and brought a wave of encouragement and a listening ear to allow me to process all the blessings which have fallen upon me in the short time I have been in dallas...
one of my favourites things is connection, new or by way of reunion.  in the just over a fortnight that has found me in this metropolis, chats have occurred with friends from so many of the life chapters in my storyline...
arkadelphia.
bulgaria.
germany.
fayetteville.
colorado.
boston.

I am sat full of
awe.
thankfulness.
hope.

the Lord's plan for us is good and intentional.


10-11 This is God’s Word on the subject: “As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
12 “When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen.
13-14 “When you come looking for me, you’ll find me.
“Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.” God’s Decree.

(jeremiah 29.10-14~the message.)

a day to day journey continues in my life in transition.
I am fairly certain in each of our lives, there is some sort of shifting and/or pocket of unknown.
at times, it all is just a bit more full on than other times.
may we all pray and plead for hope over those corners (or all encompassing parts) of our lives.


cheers,
kb.


















{photos via: http://www.pinterest.com/kbrynk/}

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you friend! As always your writing refreshes! E

    ReplyDelete