Wednesday 11 January 2012

my word, I am laughing just thinking about these two videos of ridiculousness...
click on the two links below.
firstly, jimmy fallon and kristin wiig, does it get any better?  truly.

Saturday Night Live: 1920's Holiday Party1920's Holiday Party
don't make me sing...don't make me dance!

secondly, I must preface this by saying that I have decided to learn a new language.  I have a fair aptitude and retention for language, in general, so I thought I would try my hand in the new year.  (when I lived overseas, I decided I wanted to learn EVERY language of EVERY country I visited.  ridiculous, as I visited places like turkey and bulgaria.  yep, there is a huge opportunity to keep those up in my day-to-day life.  well, what can I say... I get excited about learning, new cultures, and further ability to relate to people.)  ultimately, I decided on french. as I foresee most of my future travel being european, I thought I might just have a shot at retaining a bit of what I learn.  I ordered rosetta stone.  I have talked about doing so for ages, so I have now taken action.    so far, I love it!  not a lot going on in my sleepy colorado town this time of year, so I have plenty of time to work on it.  I also sort of love school.  I know.  I have just gotten really real and vulnerable by acknowledging that publicly, but it happens to be true.  (perhaps I am getting back into the groove for events to come... hmmm... stay tuned...)
when I told my friend, cat, that I was on this quest, she sent me this link.
for anyone who has learned a language, you will relate to the obscurity of the random phrases you learn.
I love that it has all the "lyrics" written below.
flight of the conchords...random and hilarious.



hope you laugh...like to the point that someone from the next room cannot help but come in and ask what is so funny.  :)
kb.

No comments:

Post a Comment