Tuesday 26 June 2007

I had a notable moment this evening, so I thought I would share.
I have not gotten the chance to inform many of you about something BIG happening soon for me here in Londi. I will be moving about 20 minutes away (by foot) in September when I return home to London from the States. My new place is just around Regent's Park from where I live at present, and on the map, it doesn't look all that far.
In reality, it truly isn't, and I will get more exercise...always good. However, I have been a bit bummed about the fact that I will not be living in a flat right on the high street, which is 2 minutes from the school and is 30 seconds from Starbucks where I spend 95% of my time with girls. All the other aspects of this move are complete and utter blessings! Two girls who love Jesus will be my flatmates. Loads more space than I have now (which doesn't have to be much to be much more than now). A garden!!!!...I could, and I will when I see you, go on and on about the exciting prospect of this move that have come together quite quickly...just an immense number of blessings that continue to show me the Lord's hand on and His care for every tiny detail of my life.
The one downer in this new scenario has been the distance of this new spacious abode from where I do ministry.
Tonight, as I said, I went to my home group which meets near where I will be moving. Right outside the flat where we were meeting sits a bus stop. (I must interject here that I have never been to this particular flat where we met.) I discovered tonight that said bus gets me to the end of the high street, where I currently live and have begun mourning leaving its nearness to all that my world encompasses these days, in a matter of four minutes! Until tonight and this discovery of transport, I thought I was going to have to resolve myself to trekking this journey by foot multiple times daily to get to the street that has become so vital to me. I told Becky, my friend and one of my two new flatmates who made this discovery for me, quite enthusiastically, that this find of transport has now "revolutionized my world!" She just laughed at my enthusiasm and walked me to the bus stop.
After my bus ride, I walked down the high street to get to my studio flat where I will reside for essentially another month, factoring in my time abroad this summer, and I thought..."It just keeps getting better..." Sound familiar to any of you? For most of you, it might not, but for a selected few who who wore a red bow and an oversize mouse pin for a week , I know you recognize this statement. For those of you who are not Ouachitonians (what we are called who are alumni of Ouachita Baptist University), this is my sorority's motto. Funny that it popped into my head tonight. I can honestly say that this statement has never come to mind before in post-college life. But, how poignant and appropriate for this evening! I must say that I am not certain if this motto is holding true for my EEE sisters, but I can say with certainty...
Life with the Lord..."it just keeps getting better..."
loveee,
kym : )

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:54 pm

    I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!!! I must say, for this EEE sister...that statement in my enormous GOD continues to be soooo true! What a blessed story! Lord, you're amazing, and I praise you for your provision in ALL THE DETAILS of our lives! Thank you for the bus for my friend Schmym! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kym---love the blog-i got it off of Elaine's--it is so fun to read about and see pictures of all of your adventures in europe!!! :) hope your summer is going great!!!
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete