Wednesday 10 January 2007



Back home. As I heaved my enormous suitcase into my flat yesterday, I had an overwhelming sense of being glad to be home.

What a great time I had back in the U. S. of A. over the last few weeks seeing family and friends! I got to see loads of friends, and my heart warmed as I walked through their kitchens and saw a magnet of me on their refridgerators. I was blessed to be reminded that though at times I feel by myself in this move and ministry, the fact is that many, many people are a vital part of what the Lord is doing in my life. I am quite visual, so that image of so many fridges will not soon leave me. Thank you!

I wanted to post a bit so you knew I arrived safe and sound. I am leaving today for Germany for a week to go to a winter staff conference. I am just about over jet lag, I think, but it has been a tad difficult for my body to figure out where in the world I am over the past week. When I get back from Germany, I will get back in the groove of Thursdays.

Waiting to hear back from the authorities that be, the visa folks, concerning approval to be able to coach in the spring. You can pray for that approval to come along speedily!

Word/phrase of the week: "fancy". "Do you fancy him/her?" "Would you fancy a cup of tea?" As you can tell from these examples, it is another word in place of "like". As ever, it sounds more pleasing to the ear, does it not? I suppose this word might be used in the way we would think as Americans here, but I have yet to hear it. Monica would use it to name several categories of towels, for example. : )

kb

No comments:

Post a Comment