Thursday 19 October 2006

Well, I officiallly have a home in London. I moved in this past Tuesday and have been working on settling in. I cleaned like crazy this morning, and I truly was able to unpack most of my suitcases for the first time since I have been here. It felt great! I took my first trip to IKEA on Tuesday and purchased a sofa bed, desk, and desk chair to put in my studio flat. I also got some essentials to enable me to live there. : ) I am making my next massive list of little things to decorate and other items to shelve and store my clothes, etc. to truly make me feel organised and efficient in my small space.
I am jetting off to Rome next week with Kerry for a handful of days on holiday (what we call vacation over here). I am truly excited to visit Italy, eat great food, and sightsee like crazy. I will post pics in a couple weeks of that trip. I might be able to do so from Roma, but no promises. Not sure what the internet situation will be.
Tuesday was a big day. I also went to see "Guys and Dolls" at the Piccadilly Theatre. Patrick Swayze was advertised as playing Nathan Detroit, but unfortunately was a no-show. I heard he has been having trouble with his voice since he has been in this show. Oh well. It was fantastic, and I had a great seat...15th row, center! No flash photography allowed, or I would put up some photos of the show.
As I wait for my internet to be hooked up in my flat...could be a week and a half or so, I am using my new friends', Rudy and Susan's connection. I have been blessed to have met a few people who live in my neighbourhood!
I met this morning with the athletic directors at ASL, and it looks like I will, indeed, be able to coach softball at the school. Most likely it will be middle schoolers and getting to help with the JV and Varsity teams in the high school! I am super excited about this opportunity to plug in at the school.
The next couple of weeks will be a bit like it was when I first got here in my ability to be in touch via email. Just wanted you to have a heads-up, so you didn't think I was ignoring any of you!
Thanks, thanks, thanks for being my friends!

Word/phrase of the week: "You alright, yeah?"
This phrase is used in place of "How are you?" or "What's up?" I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment