Wednesday 17 October 2018

outside...

love lives outside of time.
choosing to love is a decision, I believe, but as many decisions are prompted and encouraged by our feelings, the heart holds hands with the head when we love someone.

my grandfather passed away seventeen years ago.  it seems like less than that in my mind.
in college, I dated a boy for less than 6 months, but in my heart, it felt like 6 years when we broke up.
friendships formed and fostered in a particular setting with shared experience which might last days or weeks only can feel like a kindred spirit found for life.

when a connection is made, 
when intimacy is fostered, 
when memories are shared, 
when care is experienced, 
time does not make sense. 
time is irrelevant. 
in my experience, the best moments of life exist outside of time, when I forget to look at my watch or think of my next appointment. 

love is more than.
 love is our common denominator. 

we all know what it is to have it. 
we all know what it is to lack it.
'tis better to have loved and lost 
than to never have loved at all.
                                                     ~alfred lord tennyson

I agree with mr. tennyson.  
oftentimes I feel like this quote is used in reference to romantic relationship type of love.  
as we all know, loss of love takes many forms.  I feel this quote holds up for any type of love. 
I like to look for common experience as I navigate life amongst and in the midst.    

we all have love in common.

love is a risk.  we all know it is possible that it will be lost.
I will forever believe it is worth it.  

I hope today finds you aware of love in your story.  
may we all keep hope alive that love is present and living.  some days we might have to look a little more diligently to find it, but it is there.  

love lives outside of time... yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

cheers,
kb.

No comments:

Post a Comment