Monday 1 July 2013

arrangement.



{awelltraveledwoman.tumblr.com/}













I believe it.
do I embrace it?

some days.




four day weekend this week.  I cannot remember the last time I had the fourth of july off work.  my normal is usually life at camp in the summer when holidays are fairly regular days.  tentative plans to venture to the beach and get some sun.  not far away and cheap.  I like it.  it may rain.  but said weather will not deter my pursuit.  (barring some sort of dangerous storm system.)

I rearranged my room a week ago.
it has changed my outlook on my daily world.
I love it.
as I sit here, I wonder how it could have possibly have been arranged in any other way.
this sort of feeling makes my heart happy.
I feel it when I buy a new favourite t shirt, pair of jeans, or a great pair of shoes.
that feeling of "what did I wear before I found these jewels?"
a feeling of newness without major change.  change that requires little thought or awareness.
just movement or adjustment on a whim.
I suppose these sort of alterations would fall under the category of "the little things".
and in a glorious way, changes in this "small" sphere help to heighten my acuity in life.
my creativity is awakened by shaking up the metaphorical boggle letters.
the same pieces moved around spark new perspective.

happy 4th!
cheers,
kb.

2 comments:

  1. You are the best writer. I'm right with ya...the little changes and adjustments make huge differences. Love hearing your thoughts as they reaffirm mine lots of times.

    ReplyDelete