Tuesday 6 December 2011










the holidays have begun, to be sure.  thanksgiving  has been and gone, and now thoughts are shifted to celebrating Christmas.  the trees covered in snow are a fair representation of life currently in bueni.  the stars cascading over regent street show the year's decor in londontown.

I loved london during the holidays.  some criticise the city with all of its sounds, bright lights, and bustle.  I relished it.  not the spending of ridiculous amounts of money or the elbowing of people trying to get from this place to that one.  I love the cheer that truly escalates during this season in a city that most times is filled to the brim with anonymity, the shutting down of oxford street for shopping and munching on mince pies (I do not eat them, as I think them disgusting.  but I loved the aesthetic of people walking about with baskets passing them out.), the fake snow shooting out over hamley's toy store as you queue up to get in, the baristas in starbucks wearing holiday shirts in place of their usual black, much to their chagrin...
I am thankful to have gotten to spend so many holiday seasons in this great city.

holidays here in colorado look like a postcard.  bing crosby and danny kaye spring to mind (even though they were supposedly in vermont).  we literally can walk just about anywhere and cut down our own trees to decorate.  the mountains stand less than an hour away, beckoning us to don skis.  all the layered, wooly fashion in catalouges of j.crew is appropriate.  the quiet of freshly fallen snow surrounds.
I am thankful to be here this season.

wintry, chilly months tend to always bring me joy.  cozy sweaters, white lights strung, peanut buttery, chocolate treats made, copious amounts of coffee in favourite mugs brings much needed inner warmth...
nesting seems to take place in my world when the snow begins to fall and mr. buble' serenades on a loop.
as I reminisce of Christmases past and relish days current, I hope all of you do the same, seeing a picture of a plan so much bigger and sweeter than we could ask or imagine.

may your days be merry and bright this season.  may joy abound and blessings be seen.  
happy Christmas!
kb.



No comments:

Post a Comment