Saturday 10 September 2011

 Adam and Lana are now newlyweds!  I went last weekend to their lovely, simple nuptials in Indiana.  I was blessed to be able to witness such a sweet, heartfelt joining of two amazing friends.  I must mention here that I was mentioned by both fathers...once from the pulpit (Adam's dad performed the ceremony) and once at the reception when Lana's dad did his toast.  I brought them together.  Adam keeps telling me to take a little credit and not deflect it all.  Ok.  I introduced them.  I cannot wait to see them in Denver in their new place on my next jaunt to the city.

I arrived back in Bueni to cooler temperatures and a bit of rain.  My heart was full to overflowing.  My coffee tastes better.  The sweaters slowly emerge from my drawer.  Boots don my feet.
Sigh...
Autumn is quite simply my favourite.
The other noteworthy item is the picture below...my new place, well, as of July.  I have moved into a guest house of a friend and am settling in quite nicely.  It is cozy and quiet.  I love having my own space.  I bought this couch a couple of weeks ago, and every time I sit on it, I love it more.
This space is currently bringing me joy, and I am certain this state of being will continue as I transition into the off-season here at camp.  It is quiet and at times a bit boring, but having a nest I love makes all the difference, as those of you who know me well know about me.

The Lord has cleared my head and heart over the last couple of weeks.  I feel the autumn brings deep breathing, reading of many a book, and a bit of exploration (to be explained in a post in the near future, perhaps...).
I hope the autumn brings you rest, along with loads of warm beverages, cozy jackets, and brilliant time with people you love.
cheers,
kb.

No comments:

Post a Comment