Sunday 13 March 2011

tension |ˈten sh ən|
noun
1 the state of being stretched tight : the parachute keeps the cable under tension as it drops.
the state of having the muscles stretched tight, esp. as causing strain or discomfort : the elimination of neck tension can relieve headaches.
a strained state or condition resulting from forces acting in opposition to each other.
the degree of tightness of stitches in knitting and machine sewing.
electromotive force.
2 mental or emotional strain : a mind that is affected by stress or tension cannot think as clearly.
a strained political or social state or relationship : the coup followed months of tension between the military and the government | racial tensions.
a relationship between ideas or qualities with conflicting demands or implications : the basic tension between freedom and control.

verb [ trans. ]
apply a force to (something) that tends to stretch it.


my word, I love the dictionary.  a dear friend and I were contemplating life over chips and salsa that other night.  she used the above word to describe some of the feelings I was expressing.  
when I got home, I looked it up.  and, once again, webster helped provide perspective.  

life in progress seems to always have at least a bit of tension.  
for such a time as this, I am in colorado.  when the next leading becomes illuminated, I will go.  
the desire to move, to see more, to experience anew never ceases.  
the co-existing of these afore mentioned assurances holds this conflict.  
allowing the intermingling feelings of enjoying certain things and being incredibly frustrated by other things is a humbling, muscle tightening, intense journey, but I believe it to be important.  
to let go.  
to allow for unfolding.  
to feel the fullness, and to acknowledge my attempts to control are futile.  
as ever, the anchor is trust.  

kb.

1 comment: