Tuesday 16 May 2006



Congratulations Fayetteville Lady Dawgs on winning the 5A State Fast Pitch Softball Championship this past Saturday!!
As some of you know, I have been an assistant coach with these girls for the past 3 years. I could not be prouder of them for all their hard work this year to get all the way to holding up this trophy! We have won the conference 3 consecutive years now, had 2 semi-final appearances the past two years, and now a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Last week the team and I spent a lovely 6 night, 7 day vacation at The Cranbury Inn& Suites in the lovely destination of Jacksonville, Arkansas. Our stay was lengthy due to multiple rain delays. What an experience...one of those where memories are forever made. One of my favorite things...memories.
I am so grateful for my time invested in this team of unique, hilarious, and spirited girls who have enriched my life immensely. Coach Shirey, our head coach, has taught me lessons in leadership, discipline, and expecting excellence. The impact he has made on me cannot be measured. I am thankful. Girls who call me "Brinktizzle", who knock on my hotel room constantly wanting to play Samaurai, who incessantly try to mess me up as I count heads over and over in the bus... I will miss it all. What a great ending to my time coaching! Go Dawgs!


No comments:

Post a Comment