Saturday 4 March 2006

I have returned home to Fayetteville from my two week stay in Little Rock with the family. My niece, Isabel (Izzy) arrived on schedule on 28 Feb bright and early. Izzy's older sister of almost two years is completely in love with this new addition to the Chad Brinkley household. (See pics below...Izzy and me, Chad and Ella.)
SNL, Jamba Juice sketch...funny. Random, but important. I do Young Life, remember? Random funny is the key to my heart.
I feel good about my trip to Ouachita, my college alma mater, where I got to see some of my favorite people. As I drove around Arkadelphia, reminiscing about my four and a half years there, thankfulness overwhelmed. The experience of a small college campus is priceless. Almost every square inch of the OBU campus, not to mention a bit of the Henderson State campus across the street (where I spent my junior year) holds a memory about which I could tell a (very detailed) story. I told my parents one afternoon after returning from Arkadoo that I have turned into them...spending my time driving around town looking at all the places I resided. I did not take pictures, as they have, but I confess I did think about it. I am sentimental and proud of it! A small college (about 1700 total on campus) holds such charm. Family...it sounds cliche', but it is true.
The next couple of weeks bring a distinct call for faith. In the mean time between jobs, my prayer for immediate provision moves to the top of the list.
My dear friends, the Addingtons, have opened their home to me for the next few months as I finish raising my money to move. I plan to move in at the end of the month which excites me mucho!
As the days get crossed off the calendar, my heart feels more and more displaced and ready to be in Londontown. The Lord continues to do intentional work on my person to prepare me...showing me areas that need to be healthier, revealing my need for more dependence on Him first, and challenging me to trust without limits.
Comfortable? No. Predictable? No. Beneficial? Yes.

My definition of "love" is being expanded and deepened to go beyond previous notion. The first commandment calls me to "Love the Lord with all [my] heart, with all [my] soul, with all [my] strength, and with all [my] mind" (Mark 12.30). The word "all" can be defined as meaning "completely taken up with, given to, or absorbed by". Webster gives us one meaning of the word "love" as "an unselfish love and benevolent concern for the good of another". I love the dictionary. I love understanding meaning. As a Christian, I equate God with love. If I were to diagram the sentence, "God is love", it would be rather elementary. As much as I adore the predictable structure of the English language, His character is beyond predictablity and structure.
For this deeper discovery, I am beyond thankful.
Soon...
kb


No comments:

Post a Comment