Monday 23 January 2006


The weather outside yesterday made my friend Becky and I think of England. Though it is January, we have had very little true winter-like weather here in NW Arkansas as of late. Becky spent a year in northern England at a bible college, so she shares my love and helps me with tips...English tips... She called me yesterday and invited my over for a Jane Austen evening to watch classics like Emma and Sense and Sensibility. I love her for thinking of such a theme for such a day. : ) I don't know that I mentioned it, but I have recently become a bit obsessed with Austen novels and movies. I cannot help but think it appropriate at this juncture of my life. I read Pride and Prejudice just prior to the release of the latest version to the big screen. I also made sure to watch the BBC/A&E version before trekking off to the local theater. I must say I ardently adore it. Indeed, I do.
I am back in the routine of life in Arkansas after my visit to gorgeous Colorado. I am three weeks away from being done with my preschool position and then will transition to temp work, odd jobs, and various other asundry vocations until I leave for England. You can pray that all that uncertainty falls in line to enable me to pay all that needs to be taken care of between now and my move. When will I move, you ask? Well, it looks like perhaps sometime between mid-April and early May. My hope resides in this goal.
David Gray music is good for my soul. Honestly, if you have never taken time to listen, take it. (Take it, care for it...!) Soothing, harmonious, poetic.
I feel more and more affirmed that London is soon to be my home. I am excited about the doors that are open, the staff that are already loving on me like crazy, and a new chapter in my story. May the Lord lead and illuminate the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment